Firm OverviewPRINT PAGE
KMCL: A UNIQUE LAW FIRM FOCUSED ON ENVIRONMENTAL, ENERGY, CLIMATE AND CARBON MANAGEMENT ISSUES
Kazmarek Mowrey Cloud Laseter LLP (KMCL) is composed of nationally-recognized lawyers in the fields of environmental, toxic tort, energy, climate and carbon management law. We represent a diverse range of Fortune 500 companies, mid-sized businesses and industries, utilities and local governments. As experienced “big-firm” lawyers practicing on a focused, entrepreneurial platform, we offer a formula that gives our clients the most value for their legal spend.
- Nearly 250 years of collective "big firm" experience.
- A team of partners, all of whom are widely recognized as preeminent lawyers in their fields.
- Dedication to business practicality and creative strategies.
- Unrivaled experience in complex litigation, regulatory, enforcement, transactional and public policy matters in our practice areas.
CREDENTIALS THAT COUNT
- All KMCL founders have been partners in major AmLaw 100 firms.
- KMCL attorneys have a wide range of diverse backgrounds, including a former Assistant U.S. Attorney, former corporate environmental counsel, several environmental engineers, a toxicologist, and experience in the insurance industry, among others.
- KMCL lawyers hold a variety of academic positions, including adjunct professorships at both Emory and Georgia State law schools, and are frequently asked to speak and write articles on emerging and complex environmental issues.
- KMCL attorneys are regularly featured in published lists of prominent lawyers, including Best Lawyers in America, Chambers USA America’s Leading Lawyers for Business - Atlanta, SuperLawyers Magazine - Atlanta, and Who’s Who Legal.
- Leadership positions in state bar organizations and trade associations.
TOP TIER EXPERIENCE
KMCL lawyers have handled:
- Major multi-party environmental and toxic tort litigation in state and federal courts throughout the country.
- The environmental aspects of large, complex merger and acquisition transactions for some of the country’s largest corporations throughout the United States.
- Some of the largest and most sophisticated Brownfield transactions.
- Workplace health and safety matters, including compliance counseling as well as representation before OSHA in enforcement context.
- The environmental aspects of the largest and most complex property portfolios.
- Complex and substantial coverage disputes, resulting in significant recoveries of cleanup costs.
- Environmental counseling, permitting, regulatory, and enforcement matters in nearly all states and many foreign jurisdictions.
- Complex transactions in regulated and voluntary carbon markets in the U.S. and abroad.
- Conventional and renewable energy transactions and strategic advice.
- Testimony on Capitol Hill and state legislatures on clean coal and carbon capture and storage.
- Counseling on compliance issues under Sarbanes-Oxley, 1934 Act, and related environmental cost estimation and disclosure obligations.
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) matters, both as neutrals (mediators and arbitrators) and as advocates.