Attorneys PRINT PAGE
Bryan C. GruczaAssociate
Bryan Grucza brings a unique science perspective to KMCL and applies that perspective to matters under the Clean Water Act, Clean Air Act, Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA), Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA), their state counterparts, and tort law.
Bryan graduated from the Thomas Goode Jones School of Law in May 2012. Prior to law school, Bryan earned a Bachelor’s of Science in Microbiology from Auburn University in May 2009. While attending Auburn, Bryan aided in research focusing on Cystic Fibrosis and received award for academic success.
During law school, Bryan worked for the Southern States Energy Board, where his work focused on carbon capture and sequestration as well as EPA’s recently promulgated rules under the Clean Air Act. Additionally, Bryan monitored all of the upcoming energy and environmental legislation within the Southern States Energy Board’s region of sixteen states and two territories.
- Serving as counsel against a citizen group’s challenge to a recently issued Clean Air Act Title V Permit.
- Working in collaboration with colleagues, obtained the successful dismissal of a citizen suit and tort action for a major energy resources company.
- Achieved a successful result for a client whose competitor possessed an unfair advantage due to FIFRA violations and a patent infringement.
- Aided in the defense of a local compost producer against a state agency action.
- Provided support with transferring permits in two major acquisitions for a paper products manufacturer.
- Supported a major energy resource company in RCRA, CERCLA, and tort matters.
- Assisted a client in the notification process under HSRA regarding a suspected release.