Our team of nationally recognized lawyers solves each client’s distinct environmental and energy challenges with deep knowledge and credentials. We provide innovative, business-minded solutions that protect bottom lines, meet environmental needs, and exceed expectations.
We guide each engagement with dedication, focus, and responsiveness.
With nearly 250 years of collective "big firm" experience, our team of attorneys is widely recognized as preeminent lawyers in their fields.
Our firm brings wide-ranging experience in complex litigation, regulatory, enforcement, transactional, and public policy matters. That means you have access to the comprehensive, expert support you need to navigate complicated environmental and energy challenges.
KMCL’s lawyers have decades of experience addressing the needs of Fortune 500 companies, mid-sized businesses and industries, utilities, and state and local governments. Our team includes environmental engineers and a toxicologist, as well as a former Assistant U.S. Attorney and a former corporate environmental counsel. In addition, our attorneys hold academic positions and leadership positions in bar organizations and trade associations.
KMCL is a recognized source of compliance, litigation, and transactional expertise focused on the complex and evolving impact of environmental law on business.
Our lawyers have handled:
- Complex transactions in regulated and voluntary carbon markets in the U.S. and abroad
- Environmental counseling, permitting, regulatory, and enforcement matters
- Key environmental aspects of large, complex merger and acquisition transactions
- Large, sophisticated Brownfield transactions
- Major multi-party environmental and toxic tort litigation in state and federal courts
- Substantial and complex coverage disputes
- Testimony on Capitol Hill and state legislatures on clean coal and carbon capture and storage
“[KMCL] is simply the best group of environmental attorneys I have ever encountered. They are true experts in the field. They are also creative, well-respected and always client-centered in their approach.”